Thank you for considering renting with TCG Property Management. We highly encourage you to review this 5 minute read before applying with us. It will answer the majority, if not all, of your questions you may have about our application process.
- A current verifiable State or Photo ID is required at the time you submit your application for processing
- Each individual over the age of 18 years who intends to reside in the subject dwelling unit must submit a separate Rental Application.
- No more than 3 unrelated adults in any property regardless number of bedrooms.
- Application Fees must be paid prior to processing the rental application.
The fee is $35/adult.
- The application fee is NON-REFUNDABLE
- This covers the cost of processing your application
- Applicant acknowledges and accepts that TCG Property Management represents the owner of the property for which applicant is applying
Application processing time
- TCG Property Management makes every effort to process applications within 24 to 48 business hours of receipt (pursuant to applicant providing all necessary information – ID, landlord reference contact information, proof of income).
- The processing of an application can take several days if we do not receive a response from previous/present landlords, employers and other references.
- Management will make a reasonable attempt to contact previous and present landlord(s) submitted by Applicant; however, the ultimate responsibility for supplying this information to Management lies with the Applicant. NOTE: Management reserves the right to deny tenancy on the basis of an inability to contact the references provided.
- Properties can be in high demand. In some cases, there may already be applications submitted at the time you submit your application. We cannot guarantee any unit even if it may be available at the time your application is submitted.
- Units are rented to the first approved applicant with the full security deposit paid.
- A security deposit will not be accepted until the rental application is approved.
- An approved application is good for any one of our available properties within the approved price range for 90 days from date of approval.
- Once a deposit is received from an approved applicant, the unit will reserved for up to 14 days. The lease must begin and 1st month’s rent must be paid by the 14th day or the deposit is forfeit and the property will go back on the market.
Our process consists of collecting and reviewing the following information:
- Credit score/Negative Credit History
- Identity Verification
- Public Record Search
- Criminal History
- Rent-to-Income Verification
- Eviction Records
- Employment Verification
- Rental History
Your GROSS monthly income must be a minimum of 3 times the monthly rent. You will be required to provide proof of income whether you are employed by an employer or self-employed.
If you are employed by an employer, you will need to provide the following proof of income:
- Paystubs of your most recent 8 weeks. We require 4 check stubs if paid bi-weekly and 8 check stubs if paid weekly
If you are self-employed, you will need to provide the following proof of income:
- Bank statements show consistent income AND tax returns showing income from the previous year
If you are moving to the area with a new job, you will need to provide the following:
- Both the offer and signed acceptance letter from you future employer
Additional forms of verifiable income if applicable:
- social security/ disability award letter
- court ordered child support/ alimony
- pension/ retirement disbursements
- section 8 housing voucher *Does not guarantee rent affordability
**Unemployment is not an approved form of income.
Yes, credit scores are important to us, but we are more interested in the things that created the credit score than the score itself. A less than desirable credit score may be off-set by a great rental history and solid income. A credit score of 700+ will receive top marks while a score of less than 525 cannot be scored.
You will need to provide a rental reference which confirms a minimum of 1 year or more of valid, verifiable rental history from a third-party landlord. If you have rental history shorter than 12 months a double deposit may be required. If your rental history includes: late payments, eviction(s), excessive lease violations, excessive property damage, unauthorized tenants/pets, pest infestations due to tenant negligence, improper notice to vacate, three or more late notices within a 12-month period, noise or nuisance violations, two or more NSF charges, or outstanding balance owed, you will not be approved for a lease at TCG Property Management.
Public Record Search
TCG Property Management may run a public record search through the LaSalle County circuit clerk website. TCG Property Management will utilize your first/last name and date of birth to access any criminal or judgment records. Any convicted crimes that appear on this document may be used as a determining factor in your acceptance or denial. For additional information, please see criminal history criteria in the next section.
Residency may be denied due to a criminal record; please see criminal criteria below:
- Automatic Denial of Tenancy for Convicted Crimes Within the Past Seven Years Include:
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd degree murder
- Harassment or stalking
- Simple or aggravated robbery
- Terrorist threats
- Felony controlled substance
- Felony burglary/theft
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th degree sexual assault or misconduct
- 2nd degree manslaughter
- 1st and 2nd degree assault
- In possession of a controlled substance or intent to distribute a controlled substance
- At attempt to commit one of the above stated crimes
- Any Misdemeanor may be subject to Denial
- Type of charge and date of conviction may affect the decision
- Proof of resolution may also be required
- Any Felony conviction less than 7 years from release will be denied
- Per Federal regulation, drug and alcohol use felonies may be acceptable with proper documentation
- Regardless of conviction date, no applicant with a felony conviction for any of the following will be accepted
- Acts of violence
- Sex crimes
- Illegal manufacturing or distribution of drugs
Examples of When We Cannot Rent to You
A single or combined occurrence of the following will more than likely NOT allow me to rent from TCG Property Management
- Any felony offense or conviction which has taken place within the last seven (7) years
- Any collection filed by a property management company or landlord
- Unlawful detainer action/eviction within the past seven (7) years
- Balance owing to a current or past landlord
- Extreme negative and adverse rental history
- Documented complaints and/or damages
- Multiple late payments or notices to pay or vacate
- Statement by landlord, such as “WOULD NOT RE-RENT”
- Failure to cooperate with housing assistance program requirements while receiving benefits
- Unverifiable social security number or proof of legal residency in United States, or falsification of either
- Falsification of rental application (including non-disclosure of criminal records)
- Collection filings caused by breaking a lease agreement
- Outstanding bad debts being reported on credit report. *Debts of more than $100 but less than $1000 may be accepted with proper explanation and proof
- Excessive balances sent to collections may result in denial
- Outstanding debt to a property management company or previous/current landlord
- Any applicant with a bankruptcy not showing as discharged will be denied until proof is provided
- After a bankruptcy has been discharged, applicant will be required to show six (6) months of positive established credit
- If pets are allowed to be at the property you are applying for and you plan on bringing them, please state them on your application. Once you are approved, then your pet/s must also be approved and appropriate deposit/fees paid.
- For larger animal such as dogs and cats, there is an additional $250 deposit/pet. The deposit must be paid before the lease can begin or the pet/s will not be allowed on the property. The deposit is refundable at the end of lease pending move out condition. There is also an additional $25/pet/month rent charge on top of the original rent amount. All dogs must be brought to the office for a meet and greet to be approved. Breed/weight/quantity restrictions may apply. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any clarification.
- For smaller pets such as caged or tanked animals, there is an additional $150 deposit per tank/cage. Again, the deposit must be paid before the lease can begin or the pet/s will not be allowed on the property. There is also an additional monthly $10 per tank/cage rent charge on top of the original rent amount. If you need any clarification, please email email@example.com
Thank you for reviewing these guidelines and we look forward to receiving your application for processing. Please monitor your email when you have an open application with us as that will be our primary way of contacting you regarding it’s status and if we need anything additional from you. To apply, click Apply Now from menu bar.
—TCG Property Management