- A current verifiable State or Photo ID is required at the time you submit your application for processing
- Each individual over the age of 18 years who intends to reside in the subject dwelling unit must submit a separate Rental Application.
- No more than 3 unrelated adults in any property regardless number of bedrooms.
- Application Fees must be paid prior to processing the rental application.
The fee is $35/adult.
- The application fee is NON-REFUNDABLE
- This covers the cost of processing your application. Applicant acknowledges and accepts that TCG Property Management represents the owner of the property for which applicant is applying.
Application processing time
- TCG Property Management makes every effort to process applications within 24 to 48 business hours of receipt (pursuant to applicant providing all necessary information – ID, landlord reference contact information, proof of income)
- The processing of an application can take several days if we do not receive a response from previous/present landlords, employers and other references
- Management will make a reasonable attempt to contact previous and present landlord(s) submitted by Applicant; however, the ultimate responsibility for supplying this information to Management lies with the Applicant. NOTE: Management reserves the right to deny tenancy on the basis of an inability to contact the references provided.
- Some properties are in high demand! In some cases, there may already be applications submitted at the time you submit your application. We cannot guarantee any unit, although it may be available at the time your application is submitted. Units are rented to the first approved applicant with the full security deposit paid. A security deposit will not be accepted until the rental application is approved.
Our background check consists of collecting and reviewing the following information:
- Credit score/Negative Credit History
- Identity Verification
- Public Record Search
- Criminal History
- Rent-to-Income Verification
- Eviction Records
- Employment Verification
- Rental History
Yes, credit scores are important to us, but we are more interested in the things that created the credit score than the score itself. A less than desirable credit score may be off-set by great rental history and solid income.
Public Record Search
TCG Property Management may run a public record search through the LaSalle County circuit clerk website. TCG Property Management will utilize your first/last name and date of birth to access any criminal or judgment records. Any convicted crimes that appear on this document may be used as a determining factor in your acceptance or denial. For additional information, please see criminal history criteria in the next section.
Residency may be denied due to a criminal record; please see criminal criteria below:
- Automatic Denial of Tenancy for Convicted Crimes Within the Past Seven Years Include:
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd degree murder
- Harassment or stalking
- Simple or aggravated robbery
- Terrorist threats
- Felony controlled substance
- Felony burglary/theft
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th degree sexual assault or misconduct
- 2nd degree manslaughter
- 1st and 2nd degree assault
- In possession of a controlled substance or intent to distribute a controlled substance
- At attempt to commit one of the above stated crimes
- Any Misdemeanor may be subject to Denial
- Type of charge and date of conviction may affect the decision
- Proof of resolution may also be required
- Any Felony conviction less than 7 years from release will be denied
- Per Federal regulation, drug and alcohol use felonies may be acceptable with proper documentation
- Regardless of conviction date, no applicant with a felony conviction for any of the following will be accepted
- Acts of violence
- Sex crimes
- Illegal manufacturing or distribution of drugs
Your GROSS monthly income must be a minimum of 3 times the monthly rent. You will be required to provide proof of income whether you are employed by a 3rd party, or self-employed.
If you are self-employed, you will need to provide the following proof of income:
- bank statements
- tax returns
**Unemployment is not an approved form of income.
If you are not self-employed you will need to provide the following proof of income:
- paystubs from your last 2 months
- tax returns (if applicable)
You will need to provide a rental reference which confirms a minimum of 1 year or more of valid, verifiable rental history from a third-party landlord. If you have rental history shorter than 12 months a double deposit may be required. If your rental history includes: late payments, eviction(s), excessive lease violations, excessive property damage, unauthorized tenants/pets, pest infestations due to tenant negligence, improper notice to vacate, three or more late notices within a 12-month period, noise or nuisance violations, two or more NSF charges, or outstanding balance owed, you will not be approved for a lease at TCG Property Management.
A single or combined occurrence of the following will more than likely NOT allow me to rent from TCG Property Management
- Any felony offense or conviction which has taken place within the last seven (7) years
- Any of the following types of felony convictions
- Acts of violence
- Sex crimes
- Illegal manufacturing or distribution of drugs.
- Any collection filed by a property management company or landlord
- Unlawful detainer action/eviction within the past two (2) years
- Balance owing to a current or past landlord
- Extreme negative and adverse rental history
- Documented complaints and/or damages
- Multiple late payments or notices to pay or vacate
- Statement by landlord, such as “WOULD NOT RE-RENT”
- Failure to cooperate with housing assistance program requirements while receiving benefits
- Unverifiable social security number or proof of legal residency in United States, or falsification of either
- Falsification of rental application (including non-disclosure of criminal records)
- Collection filings caused by breaking a lease agreement
- Outstanding bad debts being reported on credit report of more than $100 but less than $1000 may be accepted with proper explanation and proof
- Excessive balances sent to collections may result in denial
- Outstanding debt to a property management company or previous/current landlord may result in denial
- Any applicant with a bankruptcy not showing as discharged will be denied until proof is provided
- After a bankruptcy has been discharged, applicant may be required to show six (6) months of positive established credit